1.7.13

Modal verbs en inglés.


In the bar. - En el bar.

Usos de las modal verbs en inglés en conversaciones.

Excuse me.
Yes, madam? May I take your order?
A gin and tonic, please.
Certainly, madam.
Hello Mary.
Hello Angela. How are you?
Fine thanks.
Here you are , madam.
Thanks. A drink for you Mary?
Yes please. May I have a gin and tonic, please?  ¿Me podría poner un gin-tonic, por favor?)
Yes, of course.
Would you get me another gin and tonic, please?
Another gin and tonic. Certainly. Another gin and tonic.
A drink Bob? We're having gin and tonic.
May I have a gin and tonic, too?
Would you get me another gin and tonic?   (get aquí = traer, poner.)
Certainly madam.
What's the time?
Seven o'clock.
Please excuse me. I'm meeting John at 7:15. I'm late.
Thank you.
Shall I bring you the bill, madam?
No thanks. But would you get a taxi for me, please?   (get aquí = llamar, pedir.)
Certainly madam. Just a moment, please.

Shall I get you another drink?       
No thanks. Not now.
What shall we do this evening?     evening = tarde-noche
I don't know.
Let's go to the cinema.
No, not this evening.
James and Sarah are having a party. Shall we go there? Perhaps Sam Smith's going to the party.
Oh!, then let's stay here.   stay = quedarse
No, let's go to a restaurant. Shall we go to an Italian restaurant?
Which one?        (Which one? = ¿Cual?)
Franco's. I like franco's.
I don't like franco's, I'm afraid and I don't like Italian food. I prefer chinese food.
Alright, let's go to a chinese restaurant. Is there one near here?
I don't think so.
Alright. Shall we have another drink? Excuse me.

I'm sorry Bob, I'm going now.
Oh, alright. Good night Mary.
Good night.
Shall I get a taxi for you, madam?
No thanks. Would you bring him the bill, please?
Certainly madam. Good night. Good bye. Your bill, sir.

Vocabulario / Gramática

May es un modal verb y lo usamos cuando queremos pedir algo con cortesía. Es como could. May I = Could I
  • May I take your order? - ¿Qué desea? / ¿Qué le pongo?
  • May I have a gin and tonic, please? - Querría un gintonic, por favor.

Let’s para hacer sugerencias
  • Let's go to the cinema. - Vamos al cine.
  • Let's go to a restaurant. - Vamos a un restaurante.

Usamos el modal verb shall con we para hacer sugerencias
  • Shall we go to the cinema tomorrow? -  ¿Vamos al cine mañana?
  • What shall we do this evening? - ¿Qué hacemos esta noche?
  • Shall we have another drink? - ¿Tomamos otro?

Usamos shall con I para ofrecer algo
  • You look very hot, shall I put on the air conditioning? - Parece que tienes mucho calor ¿pongo el aire acondicionado?
  • Shall I get you another drink? - ¿Le pongo otro?
  • Shall I get a taxi for you, madam? - ¿Le llamo un taxi, señora?

El modal verb would se puede usar para pedir algo con cortesía.
  • Would you get me another gin and tonic? - ¿Me podría poner otro gintonic?
  • Would you bring him the bill, please? - ¿Le puede dar la cuenta a él, por favor?


Usos de los modal verbs may, would, y shall.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario