20.7.13

Free time wish list. Wish en inglés.


Listening conversaciones en inglés Level 4 Nivel 4.

Listen to what these five people would do if they had more free time.

Escuchar la conversación en el podcast.

Al, England
 
Something I wish I had more time to do is socialize cause I don't go out and meet people as much as I would like to so it would be nice to be a member of a club or join a circle of some kind where I can meet more people, perhaps at the weekend.

Barbara, Australia
 
Something I really wish I had more time to do would be study Japanese. At the moment, I'm self-employed so I have to work everyday to get enough money to make ends meet so I don't really have enough time for studying Japanese, which is what I would really like to do. You have to spend a certain amount of time each day doing it otherwise you won't make any progress. I really wish I had more time to do that.

Mark, Alabama
I wish I had more time to read. I enjoy reading but I waste so much time, whether on the internet or at work. I guess I shouldn't say that work is a waste of time, but you know, I do so many other things and I keep so busy, I never have time to read and it's the one thing that I usually wind up regretting. Many times I think, "Ah, I really need to read more."

Ruth, England
There are many things that I wish I had more time to do, but probably the main one is, I wish I had more time to spend outside looking at the beauty of nature, ‘cause we tend to spend a lot of time inside at work and I don't think I wish I had more time for things, like watching TV or anything like that, because I think that's quite boring really. I think I would like to spend more time outside.

Simon, Canada
I wish I had more time to just hang out with friends, you know, not only me but also friends don't have a lot of free time but since it's summer now it would be great that if three days a week I could just hang out and have a barbeque with my friends.

Vocabulario

wish - deseo > Ver abajo
self-employed - autónomo
to make ends meet - llegar al fin del mes
otherwise - si no
waste (time) - perder (tiempo)
I keep so busy - sigo muy ocupado
wind up - terminar, acabar
  • If we don't stop and ask for directions, we're going to wind up completely lost! - Si no preguntamos por dónde se va, terminaremos completamente perdidos.
  • He'll wind up in prison - Acabará en la cárcel
since it's summer - como es verano

hang out (with friends) - quedar (con amigos)

Gramática

Más información aquí > Wish Se usa para expresar un deseo.


Curso ingles online, escuchar conversaciones.

1 comentario:

  1. No еspera leer uո post asі en esta pagina sin embargo me ha dеϳado ealmente agrɑdecido еn esta ocasion

    Historias гelaciοnadas Esteban

    ResponderEliminar