23.5.13

May I put it here? - ¿Puedo ponerlo aquí?


Este listening tiene video, transcripción, vocabulario y gramática.
Las metas:
pedir algo con cortesía; would you...?
pedir permiso con: May I …? y Can I …?
hacer una propuesta o sugerencia con: Let’s ...
usar los imperativos.


Excuse me, you can’t smoke here.
Oh, I’m sorry. Can I smoke over there?
Look at the sign.

Hello.
Is this your bag?
Yes, it is.
You can’t put it up there, sir.
Oh, may I put it here?
I’m afraid not.
May I put it here?
Yes, of course.
Can I smoke here?
Yes, I think so.
Please don’t smoke, sir. You can’t smoke now I’m afraid. Look at the sign.
Sorry. I don’t understand.
You can’t smoke now. Look at the sign. It says “No smoking”
I’m sorry. I’m very sorry. May I?

Please don’t sit there. Look at the sign.
I’m afraid I don’t understand.
Look at the sign. Oh! It says “Please keep off the grass” You can’t sit on the grass, but you can sit on the seat here.
Sorry.
Hey, don’t do that! You can’t do that in the park. It’s dangerous.
Oh, eh, sorry.

Hey!
Can I go up the street?
No, you can’t. Look at the sign.

Excuse me.
Yes, madam? May I take your order?
A gin and tonic, please.
Certainly, madam.
Hello Mary.
Hello Angela. How are you?
Fine thanks.
Here you are , madam.
Thanks. A drink for you Mary?
Yes please. May I have a gin and tonic, please?   (¿Me podría poner un gin-tonic, por favor?)
Yes, of course.
Would you get me another gin and tonic, please?
Another gin and tonic. Certainly. Another gin and tonic.
A drink Bob? We're having gin and tonic.
May I have a gin and tonic, too?
Would you get me another gin and tonic?   (get aquí = traer, poner.)
Certainly madam.
What's the time?
Seven o'clock.
Please, excuse me. I'm meeting John at 7:15. I'm late.
Thank you.
Shall I bring you the bill, madam?
No thanks. But would you get a taxi for me, please?   (get aquí = llamar, pedir.)
Certainly madam. Just a moment, please.

I'm hungry. Let's go to a restaurant.
Fine. Let's go to Franco's.
Mmm, no. I don't like Franco's.
We could meet Bob and Jean there. They always go to Franco's on Sunday.
No, let's go to a chinese restaurant.
Alright.
Come on then.

Shall I get you a beer?          (¿Te pongo un cerveza?)
No thanks. Would you get me a cup of tea?         (get aquí = traer, poner)
Oh, yes of course, just a moment. Shall we go to the cinema tonight?  (¿Vamos al cine esta noche?)
No, let's stay at home and watch television.
We always watch television.
Oh, alright we'll go to the cinema, but don't wear your red dress.
Shall I wear my black dress?       (¿Me pongo el vestido negro?)
Yes, I like you in that red dress.
Here's your cup of tea.

Shall I get you another drink?       (¿Le pongo otro?)
No thanks. Not now.
What shall we do this evening?      (¿Qué hacemos esta noche?)  evening = tarde-noche
I don't know.
Let's go to the cinema.
No, not this evening.
James and Sarah are having a party. Shall we go there? Perhaps Sam Smith's going to the party.
Oh!, then let's stay here.   stay = quedarse
No, let's go to a restaurant. Shall we go to an Italian restaurant?
Which one?        (Which one? = ¿Cual?)
Franco's. I like franco's.
I don't like franco's, I'm afraid and I don't like Italian food. I prefer chinese food.
Alright, let's go to a chinese restaurant. Is there one near here?
I don't think so.
Alright. Shall we have another drink? Excuse me.

I'm sorry Bob, I'm going now.
Oh, alright. Good night Mary.
Good night.
Shall I get a taxi for you, madam?
No thanks. Would you bring him the bill, please?
Certainly madam. Good night. Good bye. Your bill, sir.

Vocabulario
Excuse me. - Disculpe.
Another - otro, otra en el sentido de "otro más"
I’m afraid not. - Me temo que no.
I think so. - Creo que sí.
I don’t understand. - No entiendo.
Yes, of course. - Sí, por supuesto.
Perhaps - Quiza, tal vez.
Wear - LLevar puesto (ropa)

Gramática
May se usa para pedir permiso, sobre todo en preguntas:
  • May I disturb you for a moment? - ¿Puedo molestarle un momento?
  • May I put the light on? - ¿Puedo encender la luz?

Se puede sustituir may por can.
  • May I disturb you for a moment? = Can I disturb you a moment?
  • May I put the light on? = Can I put on the light?

Más información >
  • Can - Para hablar de habilidades, capacidades o posibilidades y dar o pedir permiso.

Let’s se usa para hacer una propuesta o sugerencia.
  • Let’s go to the cinema tonight? - Vamos al cine esta noche.
  • Let’s go! - Vamos / Vámonos.
  • Let's go to a chinese restaurant. - Vamos a un restaurante chino

Would you...? para pedir algo con cortesía.
  • Would you pass me the salt, please? - ¿Podrías pasarme la sal, por favor?

Usamos el imperativo para;
dar órdenes a alguien.
  • Stop! - Para / pare
  • Do not smoke here, please. . No fumes / fume aquí, por favor.
  • Do not walk on the grass. - No pisar al cesped.

Más información


Curso ingles online, escucha conversaciones.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario